Scout and Youth Group Opportunities at LLELA
From badge workshops to group camping, LLELA offers great opportunities for Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, American Heritage Girls, Frontier Girls, CampFire groups, Indian Guides and Princesses, and other youth organizations. Contact Education Coordinator Lisa Cole at 972-219-3930 or email@example.com.
Camping--Groups of 25 people or more can reserve one of LLELA's two group camping areas. Click here for more information.
Service Projects--There are many opportunities for volunteer service groups to get involved in LLELA's restoration efforts. If your troop is looking for a service project, consider helping us maintain a trail, work in the plant nursery, harvest native grass and wildflower seeds, and more. Many projects can be applied to Scouting awards, including Eagle Scout, World Conservation Award, or the Hornaday Award (Boy Scouts); Bronze, Silver, or Gold Award (Girl Scouts), etc.
Hiking--Over 6 miles of hiking trails are available at LLELA, with a variety of lengths and sights to see. Click here for a trail map. You can hike on your own, or make a reservation for a guided hike led by knowledgeable LLELA staff or volunteers.
Badge Workshops--This list includes examples of some of the badges with objectives that can be met at LLELA, but it is not a complete list. We can help with almost any nature-related badge or activity. Our minimum enrollment for a badge workshop is 8 childen. A two-hour workshop or hike is $5/child; a longer activity is $7/child.
- Daisies: Clover petal
- Brownies: Hiker, Bugs, Senses
- Juniors: Flowers, Animal Habitats, Camper, Gardener, Playing the Past
- Cadettes: Trailblazing, Animal Helpers, Trees, Night Owl
- Seniors: Adventurer, Sky
- Webelos: Forester, Geologist, Naturalist
- Merit Badges: Bird Study, Environmental Science, Fish & Wildlife Management, Fishing, Forestry, Fly Fishing, Insect Study, Mammal Study, Nature, Reptile & Amphibian Study, Soil & Water Conservation
American Heritage Girls:
- Badges: Fishing, Hiking, Nature & Wildlife, Insect-A Inspect-A, Our Feathered Friends, Zoology
- Badges: Amphibians, Birds, Ecology, Botany, Entomology, Fishing, Hiking, Insects, Kayaking, Mammals, Reptiles, Trees, Wild Edibles, Wildflowers